Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 November 2014

From Richard.E.Grant

I have of late,
but wherefore I know not,
lost all my mirth.
And indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition,
that this goodly frame the earth seems to me a sterile promontory.
It's a most excellent canopy, the air.
Look you, this brave,
o'er hanging firmament.
This majestical roof fretted with golden fire.
Why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.
What a piece of work is a man,
how noble in reason,
how infinite in faculties,
how like an angel in apprehension.
How like a God!
The beauty of the world:
Paragon of animals:
Yet to me,
what is this quintessence of dust?
Man delights not me.
No, nor women neither.
Nor women neither.
*bow*
~Withnail (from Withnail & I) to the wolves~
#withnail #poetry #thoughts #film #quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment