Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 November 2014

Christmas Outfit Dedication

With the Staff Christmas Jumper day looming it reminded me of this traditional formality that has taken place in every workplace I have entered and been unable to escape from before Christmas...

The Supermarket Checkout Girl

My first Christmas in the working world, I had to keep it suitable to my role (a.k.a Boring) and not draw the eye to much.... I was left to pack bags wearing a Santa hat...

The Supermarket Shelf Stacker

Having grown wise to my early decisions of not making much of an effort I opted to copy everyone else, the Supermarket had hired elf outfits for all the ladies on the shop floor and so I joined in. The outfits were traditional, red and green and exactly how society thinks an elf should be but obviously I added those little eccentric embellishments to make the outfit really sparkle. I wore elf ears that looked just like real pointed ears, glitter to my cheeks, red tights, little boots and bells around my ankles. By far the best dressed elf, the store ever did see.

The Supermarket Baker 

Traditional? Ordinary? The same as everyone else? I THINK NOT!!! This year I aimed to have the best Christmas outfit the workplace could ever have! Santa? NO! Reindeer? NO!....I went as.......a Present! I marched into the store all too proud of my accomplishments, having made a present fancy dress costume out of an old box. I had wrapped the box in the supermarkets own wrapping paper (for advertisement purposes) stuck a big red bow to it, added glitter and tinsel braces to hold it on, red leggings and a label saying 'with love, Santa' All be it, I couldn't sit down, but who cares when you are a gift for the whole day! I felt so special and filled with Christmas joy and love!

So this year when the ordinary Christmas Jumper day comes around I will stay true to the corporate image and abide by the dress code...knowing full well....that in my prime I soared like a Christmas Eagle!!!! (Or a Penguin....depending on your outlook)

Rach

"When it comes to dressing up, remember, even though the managers don't say it...it is always...ALWAYS a competition! Even if it means covering yourself from head to toe in glitter....do what must be done, for the good of Festive Flair EVERYWHERE!!!"

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment