Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 November 2014

Certain foods...Certain ways!

The variety of food and drink available to us today is astounding! And with such a mixed bag of flavours, styles and marvelous cuisine comes different methods and ideas on how we should eat them and our own eating style. Now I am not talking about stuffing our faces... I am talking about the elegance and finesse of technical skill involved in food and drink consumption... And today I share a few of mine with you...
The humble Milky Way Chocolate bar- I press my thumbs firmly along its chocolate coat, cracking the chocolate but being careful not to squash the bar. I then pick off all the shards of chocolate and eat them, leaving the mallow center which I roll like a small white sleeping bag and suck on it until it melts in my mouth.
 
Jaffa Cakes- similar to the milky way, I break off its dark chocolate lid, peel away the circular orange jelly window, eat the sponge and then eat the orange. This is the correct way and I will accept no other!
 
Spaghetti Hoops- decorate your fork prongs with these tomato hoops of joy by letting them hang like a vermillion paper chain.
 
Satsuma- peel the skin off, but you must and this is a must, peel off the white webby veins that enclose the fruity segments or you will be left with a furry tongue.
 
Pistachio Nuts- separate this clam like nut, eat the emerald jewel enclosed and then lick out the shell or alternatively pick the remaining brown skin of the nut out and eat it because this is the saltiest part and is not to be missed out on.
 
Ice Cream- Anyone who bites into a scoop of ice cream is mad, greedy and foolish! They only way is to lick.
 
So where the large majority of foods are eaten (boringly) with a knife, fork or spoon... If and where you can, get creative, stray from the norm and have some fun... Be that the tactic of separating the layers of a chocolate bar, eating with chop sticks or even inhaling your food which I do on many an occasion, do it with the finesse, elegance and skill that food deserves because those are the ultimate ingredients that went into making it!
 
Rach
Respect Food!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment