Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 November 2014

Christmas with the crafty guys and the vintage girls!!!

so last night myself and Fox went to the place all should go to in order to pursue our festive feelings and our merry emotions! We went to Brockholes to the Crafty Vintage Christmas Markets! There was vintage stalls, artisan foodery, craft concoctions, mulled wines, live music, thrifting and merriment, hot food vans and all round wonderfulness in every nook and cranny! I purchased some mulled wine jam for my Grandma, a 80's black and silver, reworked, peplum top for a steal at £15, a stags antler necklace and some Christmas themed lolly pops as treats for the family! It was wonderful! To be able to freely sift through old fabrics, fur coats, velvet gloves and 50's box hats. The music was the soft crooning of an Ella Fitzgerald type, all Jazz and sultry blues, soothing all our worries away! For tea it was buritto and nachos which I practically wiped my face with (messy to eat).
To people watch at such markets as these is the best, there are quirky individuals that have lilac hair, doc marten boots, vintage dresses, adorned with pre-loved jewels! The men with their winter beards and little round glasses poised on the tips of their noses look stunning in their smart velvet jackets and slacks! I love their braces and brogues and bow ties! Men should always dress like this!
I always come away from these events feeling the urge to recreate my old, long forgotten craft business Blue Sky Designs... I would love to become that other side of myself again, my quirky, double floralled self, with a desk in the studio, knitting, creating and enjoying making individual knick knacks once again!
I will get there one day! Blue Sky will set alight out of the ashes of her former self and will craft once more! The time will come!!!

Lots of love and kisses darlings,

Rach
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment