Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 November 2014

Christmas shopping... means war!!!

Whenever I go Christmas shopping, I am always reminded of the following scenes in the Christmas episode of Father Ted...
Father Ted and Dougal appear to have wandered into Irelands biggest lingerie section...

" 2 priests hanging around near ladies secret things...it just doesn't look good!!!"

I find this when I wander into an aisle I really do not want to be in! Once you are in, you are in and there is no escape!!! Until you meet another poor soul who is there by mistake aswell...

"4 priests hanging round the frilly section..."

Christmas shopping can bring you out in a cold sweat, the crowds, the promotional signs screaming at you, the bright fluorescent lights glaring at you and the sales assistants that seem insistant on helping you when you don't want to be helped. You really just want to get in, get what you want and get outta there...

"8 priests hanging around the lingerie section, I mean 1 or 2, now that's embarrassing but 8 now that is a national scandal!"

This particular scene always reminds me how I wish to shop at Christmas, army style with a team behind you, snaking through the aisles in mission formation. Attending prepared, armed with deoderant for the nervous moments, comfortable footwear to prevent blisters and a basket.

But you know, this year I chose another way... A beacon of light in the darkness that is sales, cash registers, shop alarms, messy shelves and people running into you with trollies! ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!
So all my presents bought, not a drop of sweat or blood spilt and I even had a lovely jubbly cup of tea whilst I clicked away!

Hope all of your Prezzie shops are going well!

Rach
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment