Total Pageviews

Friday 27 March 2015

Frankie says relax...

When I plan days out, meals out or arrange a social event with my friends there is one thing I should do differently. As I have a eager personality I can end up turning up early to such events. Not just 5 minutes or 10 minutes, which is acceptable but sometimes 15 or 20 minutes. I should know by now that my friends always run 10 minutes late which collectively is 20 minutes and I have one friend who can even turn up 2 hours after the suggested meet time. So why then...with this knowledge in my head, do I persistently turn up ahead of schedule...THERE IS NO SCHEDULE. Even work for example, I start at 9am, the commute is 15 minutes yet I am out of the door at 8.30am.... there is no reasoning for this and no need.

Take for example a get together with friends, where it has been mooted that we meet at 7pm. I will start getting ready at about 5pm to allow for makeup mistakes and wardrobe malfunctions. I would then end up ready to go at about 6pm, so I wander round the house for a bit, maybe watch some T.V until I can wait no longer. Excited to see my friends I would set off to a close by destination around 6.20pm. I would then arrive promptly at 6.40pm. I would find something to entertain myself as the time passes by until our meet time of 7pm and then as always my phone would bleep at 6.55pm...

Friend 1: "running late, be there about quarter past!"
Friend 2: "On my way but really bad traffic!"

7.15pm comes and goes with no sign of any company... I have now been waiting for 35 minutes....

Friend 1: "Just leaving home now, be there in 20 minutes."

Bugger, well at least Friend 2 won't be long...

Friend 2: "Just getting petrol, be there soon!"

By this time it is 7.35pm and 7.40pm when they both arrive. So if I know this and can predict that tis will happen then why don't I set off much much later....why, every single time do I persist on being early. It is not my friends fault either but mine for being so eager to be on time and alot of the time I don't even realize I am doing it. It is almost as though I have a unconscious feeling that something might happen, like bad traffic or engine problems that may make me late...Not that I know what lateness feels like...BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Well, only once...by a minute!

So the lesson here is to relax, take your time and be tardy if you so wish...because everyone else is!

Rach
"The early bird catches the worm, but the late worm survives!"
x


No comments:

Post a Comment