Total Pageviews

Friday 18 April 2014

Retro Restoration

As you all know I went to GB Antiques last week with the intent of getting down and thrifty and that is exactly what I did. First purchase was a Navy and orange pattern bow tie for the princely sum of £5, the second an electric blue Vanity case from the 1950's (found a half penny from the 50's inside one of its silky pockets) for £10 and a retro chair for £7.50 which was the beginning of my project.

I sanded and smoothed the wood and reupholstered the seat, I then painted parts of it duck egg blue and painted a small heart for love and I am so happy with the outcome (see below)...


So that was a 2 day project and I came down with nasty sun burn but hey ho - totally worth it!

I am now having ideas for my vintage writing desk/bureau that I have required. My ideas seem to be occupying my pinterest board of On-going projects - http://gb.pinterest.com/oliver0957/

But I am thinking retro wallpaper drawers and rubbing down all the wood to paint a lovely pastel colour, maybe a pastel yellow!

So my mind is teaming with ideas which is just fabulous!!!

Just checking in, Love to you all! :)

xxx
R
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment