Total Pageviews

Monday 2 July 2012

Who puts strawberries in a salad?

When you work full time, you begin to spend alot of your free time in the staff room. With my work place being a supermarket, watching what people choose to eat on their lunch breaks becomes habit. And without disrespect, the older generation, do come up with some MAD concoctions. They are at the age when they are watching what they eat, ot from a weight-loss perspective but by means of good health, so it usually tends to be salads- but I ask you... in all seriousness... who puts strawberries in a salad? I am not being Peter Kay impersonator over Garlic and Bread but it is, you must admit....odd.

I have seen all manner of mixes. From sliced peaches and beetroot, to peppers and apple. But I don't understand it. It is almost like they are trying to make the salad into something that it isn't. Why? Why betray the salad with your strawberries of denial? Why be so brutal and attack the lush lettuce leaves with peaches of unjust???

Back off with your forbidden fruits and leave the humble salad alone!

I never want to become one of those kinds of people... strawberries are good for only one kind of salad and that is fruit salad! Also with cream, or pavlova...or cheesecake....well any dessert....

...BUT NOT SALAD!!!

Rach
"I now want some pudding"
x

No comments:

Post a Comment